CHESHIRE ASSOCIATION of GROUNDSMEN
The Cheshire Association of Groundsmen aims to reach out, giving knowledgeable, helpful support to all the 131 cricket clubs playing within the county by providing training and easy access to the county’s Pitch Advisors. The Association will represent the views of groundsmen at the county’s administrative committees and aim to create an environment for producing pitches which encourage an equal battle between bat and ball.
Our Five Year Plan:
1. We aim by April 2020 to have 3 fully trained Pitch Advisers across the county, who will be paid by CAG for their expertise, time and club visits.
CAG offers two types of assistance to all our clubs free of charge:
Level 1: a visit by one of our Pitch Advisers free of charge to all clubs who ask for advice and guidance which will be given informally and verbally.
Level 2: the Quality Performance Standard, again paid for by CAG, which involves a thorough process, clear guidance and advice, core samples, photography and a detailed written report.
2. We are particularly keen to support poorer clubs, who perhaps may have a small grounds budget or no professional groundsman.
3. We will work hard to develop relationships with clubs, leagues, CCB, 4Cs and IOG to :-
* advertise our policies and latest initiatives to all the county’s cricketing organisations and committees.
* run stimulating CAG membership meetings, with improved attendance.
* help establish the role of the CAG and Pitch Advisors within the administrative structure of the county.
* advise clubs on matters associated with training new groundsmen.
* advise clubs on the implications of withdrawal of chemicals and the effects of climate change.
* set up an annual groundsman’s trophy to be awarded each season in memory of Brian Garrard.